Thursday, April 21, 2005

4/20/05--1st "real" post...

A friend brought up that 420 is a term of "the man". How revolutionary is that? Guess I'll think on that a bit.
10:15 p.m.--Just got in from playing my first post-Riders open mic. Bogey's in Duluth. Open Mic Atlanta lists it as Bogey's Neighborhood Grill and Bar, but their sign says Bogey's Sports Bar and Grill. Probably wouldn't have gone if I'd known that. The host was playing when I got there. I was the only other music person there. Otherwise, there were about 20 folks at the bar, bathing in the light of about 5000 TV's. Almost all of them had a different baseball game (almost heaven). But a sports bar just the same. Nobody paying attention to the music. Worth a shot. At least got the first one under my belt.
The setlist:
Third Week In The Chelsea--planned this one for weeks as the opener. How much of a badass is Jorma Kaukonen, getting the band to record his letter of resignation?
True Love Will Find You In The End--bought the Beck recording from iTunes. Simple tune. Look up Daniel Johnston, and learn more about this guy. Great songs.
Too Fast For You--I reclaim my original arrangement. Still must find another person to do this with me. More to this song than that one guitar part.
So I did it. Hooray for me.

No comments: