Wednesday, June 08, 2005

6/7/05

One more time at Brewsters. Turns out Darrin and Tim are packing it in after tonight. Big bummer. The crowd turned sour on 'em, and it wasn't as fun anymore (I know where they're coming from).
Tonight was a round of Open Mic Atlanta's songwriter competition. I, in my non-competitive way, entered "Too Fast For You". Got a $25 gift certificate to Brewsters out of it (a random drawing, not because of my songwriting prowess). Also did Marshall Tucker's "24 Hours At A Time", in my tradition of doing something new every week. And that song pretty much sums up where I am right now, along w/"Too Fast". Heading for Bonnaroo this weekend for a shitload of killer music. Awright. The open mic adventure will probably head to Jake's next week, as Lefty is hosting one starting tonight. Gotta get back to playing w/that guy.
See ya!

No comments: