Thursday, November 07, 2013

Travelin' Riverside Pre-Hangover Extravaganza, pt. 12

11/6/13
Moon Roof Bar
Rome, GA

Always fun to play the Moon Roof on a Wednesday.  Happy Hour All Night brings a lot of folks who are ready to get down.  David Bell even showed up, and stayed all night.  More on that later.


I
All Tomorrow's Parties
Tomorrow Is A Long Time >
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Change Partners
Positively 4th St.
Captain Fantastic & The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Althea
The Maker >
Surrender >
River Trip >
Too Fast For You >
Not Yet But Maybe
What I Really Mean
I Don't Love You Much Do I
Keep Me In Your Heart
Genesis


Dave and I have spoken several times about people asking to sit in.  Good players will never ask, but will wait to be invited (and they usually are).  I have a hard time saying yes to someone I don't know.  You never know what to expect.  I actually got burned last year (which prompted the conversation with Dave).  That being said, Dave hasn't been able to perform solo since his hip surgery.  Loading all that gear is tough enough when you're healthy.  I invited Dave to play a few, and it was a blast.  People had been filing into the bar, so we had a good crowd.  I had a big ol' cheesy smile on the whole time, and I know he (and everyone else) enjoyed it.  After a short intermission, I picked it back up.


II
For The Turnstiles
Third Week In The Chelsea
Seminole Wind >
Travelin' Light
24 Hours At A Time
Happy Birthday Ben Peek
Going To California
Friend Of The Devil >
Harbinger
Midnight Afternoon
For No One
Midnight Moonlight

III
Folsom Prison Blues
Ring Of Fire
The Weight
Dead Flowers
Pancho & Lefty >
Dear Prudence
Long-Haired Country Boy
Rocky Raccoon
Fishin' In The Dark
We Can Work It Out
Suspicious Minds

No comments: