Wednesday, December 24, 2008

12/23/08
Java Lords Coffeehouse & Bar
Atlanta, GA

Practiced hard for four days for this. My last foray into open mic was no fun, partially because I'd not prepared. This time I was ready. They have "bar" in their name because they sell alcohol, but this is a coffeehouse. I fully expected everyone to snap their fingers, but they applauded. No redneckery or jackassery, just people listening to music. And the room was full, people almost on top of each other. That's where you want to play. Too many nights of playing to empty rooms, when even the bartenders took a smoke break and the soundman was off powdering his nose. I enjoyed it, and will go back.

Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) -- in the spirit of things, though not a holiday song; more of a meditation.
"That Which We Are, We Are" -- finally got this one done, all the words in the right place, but I forget which chorus goes where when I'm singing it.
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side -- you can even turn a Smiths song into a folk song!





No comments: