Saturday, July 03, 2010

Ashley 'n' Charlie's Wedding, 7/3/10, Sullivan House, Powder Springs, GA

Two fine folks, Bella's regulars even, got married. They asked me to play a few things for the ceremony, and about a half hour of tunes beforehand.

Prologue (APL)
Let Your Love Flow (Bellamy Brothers)
I Don't Love You Much Do I (Guy Clark)
Go My Way (Gordon Lightfoot)
Magnolia (J.J. Cale)
Too Fast for You (APL)
If I Needed You (Townes Van Zandt)
Genesis (Hot Tuna)
Something In The Way She Moves (James Taylor)

My first solo wedding gig, and first solo gig where nobody asked if I did requests. I stuck with a theme, threw in a couple of originals (at the bride's request). Somehow, I got 'em all in.
Then, for the processional: Imagine (John Lennon); for the bride: Going To California (Led Zeppelin); for the recessional: Crash Into Me (Dave Matthews Band). I ended up doing these three as instrumentals. Packed up the gear, changed out of my monkey suit, joined the reception for food, fun, and fellowship. Gave the wedding coordinator a stack of business cards. Network, baby, network.

No comments: