Saturday, July 03, 2010

6/5/10, Jessie 'n' Paul's Wedding, Mt. Zion UMC, Marietta, GA

Jessie Sanderson, the youngest of the Scott family cousins, got married to a great guy, Paul Kraft. Joe, Sam, Trevor (a groomsman/friend of the groom/guitarist), and I put together some music for the prelude, unity candle, and recessional. Can't remember the order, but here it is:


Joe and Sam started with some classical-type duets, then Trevor and I joined in on:
I Will, In My Life, Thank You

Trevor joined the groomsmen to prepare for the ceremony, and I played guitar on a few more classical-type pieces with Joe and Sam.

We all played an excerpt of Van Morrison's "Crazy Love" for the unity candle, then for the
pièce de résistance, an arrangement of "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers Band for the recessional, with Joe and Sam doing the dual guitar line on violin and viola. Got a good rock star reception on that one.

A grand time, to be sure.

No comments: