Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chamber Concert

Blue Mountain Chamber Players
10/29/11
Ford Auditorium @ Berry College
Rome, GA

Anything At All (written by me, string arrangement by Joe)

APL - guitar, vocals; Joe Lester - violin; Samantha Lester - viola

Sam and Joe put this one together with several of their associates. There were some duos and trios. This was my contribution. We've played this song a few times with Earhorn, and it was a super thrill to play it again with them. Here's the mp3 for you to download: http://snd.sc/v0RCu4

If there was anything at all that I had left to say to you, it would probably come off as some kind of inside joke. You see, I've kept my emotions pretty close at hand the last few years; and the wall has grown quite imposing.
It's just that there's this one little matter of having it all out in the open; and it was never very easy, even when it was just the two of us. But it seemed like you were always holding court for this or that one there, and how does one holding these words come forth?
There has never been a better time than right now (well, there was that one day); just a familiar voice remembering my name. Your number is right there, I could pick up the phone at any time. Is there anything at all that you'd believe?




No comments: