Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Open Mic, 10/18/11

10/18/11
333 On Broad
Rome, GA

I decided to debut a couple of songs. I put the final touches on "Lions" this afternoon. "As For Me" has been finished for a while, but it's hard to play the slow ones in front of an unfamiliar crowd. But, since most of 'em weren't there to hear original music anyway, I figured it was the perfect time to debut it.
I played first, six or seven people played after me (including the "comedian" from Lindale), then I played a few more.
A note on the recording: I've not been happy with the quality of the recordings this guy makes, and I asked him if his machine would record at a higher bitrate. He did it, but found the problem lay elsewhere. Unlistenable is the word I'll use.

I
Lions On The Lam*
Midnight Afternoon
As For Me*
The New One


II
The Road Goes On Forever
Pancho & Lefty
Amanda
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Just Like A Woman

*debut performance

No comments: