Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Open Mic 9/20/11

9/20/11
333 on Broad
Rome, GA

Even fewer people playing than last week. The Lindale crowd is here again, supporting their buddy who is trying to be a comedian. Unfortunately, they're not interested in music, and are outside while we are playing. They all come in for his act.
I continue to come up with songs that I haven't played here.

I
Fantastic/Existential Crisis? What Existential Crisis?, Wasn't Really, Memphis, Summer Somewhere

II
Pancho & Lefty, For The Turnstiles, Tomorrow Is A Long Time > The Boy With The Thorn In His Side, These Days

I put a lot of time into preparing this set, and they were all out on the deck until it was their friend's turn again. It turned into a roast when another friend joined him onstage and they proceeded to call each other "faggot" for fifteen minutes. There wasn't even any polite applause after the songs, so I cut it short and went home. The host recorded it again tonight, but I'm not at all happy with it, nor am I happy with last week's recording, so they'll not be shared.

No comments: