Sunday, June 01, 2014

The Debut Of The Holler!

5/31/14
Red
Rome, GA

After four months of rehearsal, we finally got to play in front of people.  Josh, Adam, and I played for a few weeks at the start, knowing we were going to need another person.  Manning came in and made it his.  We all kicked around ideas, made suggestions on arrangements, leaving any ego at home.  I wasn't sure I wanted to be in a band, but these guys convinced me otherwise.  I damn sure want to be in this band.  We booked this gig first, then another one the first weekend of May.  That one got cancelled because of the Block Party.  More time to prep, I say.  The amazing Thunderbolt Patterson signed on to open the show.  They should be headlining the Ryman and places like that.

I Wouldn't Know Love
Explosions
It's A Crying Shame
Friend Of The Devil
Just One More
Heartbreak Song
Henry
Long, Long Way From You
The Luckiest Man
Six Days On The Road
You Don't Like Me That Way
I'm Gone


Josh Brown - vocals, rhythm guitar

Manning Burns - lead guitar
Andy Lester - vocals, bass
Adam Sikes - drums

We took a quick break, and came back with Thunderbolt Patterson.  A dream come true.

You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
Everything Is Free
You Gotta Move > I Can't Be Satisfied > It Takes a Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry > Look Way Down That Lonesome Road


with:
David Bell - vocals, acoustic guitar, resonator guitar, harmonica
Tim Bowen - acoustic guitar, mandolin, lap steel, vocals

No comments: