Wednesday, May 11, 2005

5/10/05

Brewsters Neighborhood Grille, Marietta, GA

I get to go first again, just the way I like it. They have brought drums this time (a couple guys after me use 'em). It's pretty low key, but I think I'm just early, because more folks show up after I'm done playing.
The setlist:
Magnolia--a J.J. Cale song I've been doing for a while. J.J. does it even more laid-back than I do, which makes me wonder how he remains upright.
Romeo & Juliet--my apologies to Mark Knopfler for tonight's "performance". Butchered the chorus everytime. I've practiced it several times already since. Must get it w/out cheat sheet.
Montana--went for the recording tonight. Not much to this one, but now have a recording to pass around to collaborators.
Triad--wasn't going to do it tonight, but what the hell. Actually turned out better than any of the other songs tonight. There is hope. Now if I could only sing it more like David Crosby or Grace Slick...
Sloppy performance tonight, but less practice leading up to it (coincidence? I think not). Mainly to stay in shape, and keep those guys familiar with my face. Going back next week. Will try to draft an audience. Stay tuned!

No comments: