Monday, May 09, 2005

5/4&5/05 (after the fact)

A few days late, but here goes:
Wed. 5/4/05--jammed with Muggs (a Bella's bartender) on guitar and Rob on drums, at Sav's place in Smyrna. A dumpy outbuilding behind Sav's house. Smelled like a band's room fer sure (nag champa, etc.). Muggs and I got there first, and jammed on some Zeppelin tunes. He really has a great voice. My first contact with the bass since Remerton in March. Once Rob got there, we ran through the Zep tunes again, and did some bluesy, psychedelic freakout stuff. Good clean fun.
Thurs. 5/5/05--"observed" cinco de mayo by taking the Gibson over to Adam Howell's house (Adam was the original bassist in Drive-by Truckers, and is a cook at Bella's) for some wooden music. Adam played electric bass this day, but plans on getting his upright repaired. Ran through about ten songs in my repertoire, and killed a few PBR's as well.
A great week for me and music. Full and satisfying. I am on the path again.

No comments: