Tuesday, May 17, 2005

5/17/05

Brewsters again. Cool place, cool people. Their limits are tested tonight. "King David" (noisy guitar-bass/drums duo) pushes the volume envelope even after being asked to abide by it, and is cut off. He throws his guitar down (ooooo!) and proclaims that "[he] will never play here again". I don't think anyone cared. I recognized two of the three songs from last week anyway.
My setlist:
Romeo & Juliet--got it right after last week's brutal reading. No cheat sheets at all this week.
Untitled ("Blue Diamonds")--keeping this one under my fingers in case I can find a band to do it how I want it done. Now I have a recording!
Mad Mission-a Patty Griffin song that I play w/no capo (she capos at the 7th fret). No way I'll ever be able to do it like she does, but she'll never be able to do it in my range either.
Bigger crowd tonight. Only got 15 minutes. But it's 10:30, and I've been home for 45 minutes. Get me out of the friggin' bar.
Awright. Stay tuned!

No comments: