Sunday, August 25, 2013

Thunderbutt Peterson, Episode I

8/24/13
Old Havana Cigar Co.
Rome, GA

We kicked around a bunch of variations on the Thunderbolt Patterson name.  This one is close enough that you might not notice the difference if you saw it written outside the venue.  That being said, you find out just what kind of musician you are when you play with Tim Bowen.  The man is a guru, y'all.  We got together a couple times to make a list and sketch out some arrangements.  Most of these are Thunderbolt songs that I knew I could learn, but I added a few of my own.

I
You Never Can Tell
Friend Of The Devil
Let My Love Open The Door
The Race Is On
Everything Is Free
Franklin's Tower
Crossroads
The Last Time
Sweet Virginia*
Ring Of Fire*
Tangled Up In Blue*

II
Folsom Prison Blues
Just My Imagination > Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?
Let It Rock
Down By The River
Pancho & Lefty*
Dead Flowers*
Carmelita
Don't Worry, Be Happy**

III
Willin' > Don't Bogart Me
Wild Horses
Dirty Old Town***
It Takes A Lot to Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry***
All Along The Watchtower


APL - ac. gtr., tenor uke**, voc.
Time Bowen - ac. gtr., mandolin*, lap steel***, harmony voc.

No comments: