Thursday, August 15, 2013

Travelin' Riverside Pre-Hangover Extravaganza, pt. 1

8/14/13
Moon Roof Bar
Rome, GA

My first official night covering for David Bell, who had hip surgery yesterday.  Wednesdays on the Roof are chock full of fun.  Happy hour specials all night, pizza specials, a general party atmosphere.  A little slow right now while the college kids get their shit together, but still a decent little crowd.  Lots of familiar faces who cheered and clapped in all the right places.  I threw in a handful of songs that Tim and I will be doing as Thunderbutt Peterson, just for practice.


I
Folsom Prison Blues
Everything Is Free
Friend Of The Devil
Let My Love Open The Door
I Can See Clearly Now
Going To California
Save The Last Dance For Me
I Second That Emotion
Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) >
Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?
Come Monday
America
Summer In The City

II
Ring Of Fire
Drift Away
Dirty Old Town
Pancho & Lefty
The Weight
Dead Flowers
Long-Haired Country Boy
I'm On Fire
Rocky Raccoon
Solitary Man
Genesis
Lay Lady Lay
Tangled Up In Blue

III
24 Hours At A Time
Travelin' Light
We Can Work It Out
Romeo & Juliet
For No One
Midnight Afternoon

Technical problems (probably the guitar jack) forced the end of the 3rd set.  It was 11:30 or so, and the crowd was winding down anyway, so it worked out.  Damn, that's one more thing I gotta do tomorrow before work.

No comments: